TopCorner PageBorder

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Iq M10 (128) Team Fast Air wave kit for rear of skid
mxrider97
post Dec 8 2012, 04:46 PM
Post #1

Guests

Has anyone on here used the Team Fast Airwave kit for the rear of your IQ M10 skid? I bought the kit from a hardcore sledder member. No issues there. I am just concerned about the slop the left side bogie wheel mount has on the shaft. There is just over 1/16 of slop when it is on the shaft. I called Team Fast and was able to initially talk to a tech . He said to send the measurements of the slop in when the bogie wheel is machined per there spec. Well parts get finished and they did not read my note. It was not given to the (not happy with that service at all when they said oh we did not give them the note). I did get to talk to the guy that machined them and he said the slop is ok. It seems odd to me because when it is on the polaris shaft there is hardly any slop at all(much tighter fit) . With that much slop after time I could see things wearing somewhere. I attached a pic and you can see the angle I can put the mount at when first putting on. This is to give an idea of how much slop it has.

If anyone else has done this before and has had no issues with that much slop it would be nice to know.

Thanks for any info...
Attached File(s)
Attached File  bogie_wheel_mount.jpg ( 716.31k ) Number of downloads: 2

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sponsor

ExcursionPSD
post Dec 9 2012, 11:51 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 744
Current Vehicle:
07 FST Cruiser

QUOTE(mxrider97 @ Dec 8 2012, 04:46 PM) *
Has anyone on here used the Team Fast Airwave kit for the rear of your IQ M10 skid? I bought the kit from a hardcore sledder member. No issues there. I am just concerned about the slop the left side bogie wheel mount has on the shaft. There is just over 1/16 of slop when it is on the shaft. I called Team Fast and was able to initially talk to a tech . He said to send the measurements of the slop in when the bogie wheel is machined per there spec. Well parts get finished and they did not read my note. It was not given to the (not happy with that service at all when they said oh we did not give them the note). I did get to talk to the guy that machined them and he said the slop is ok. It seems odd to me because when it is on the polaris shaft there is hardly any slop at all(much tighter fit) . With that much slop after time I could see things wearing somewhere. I attached a pic and you can see the angle I can put the mount at when first putting on. This is to give an idea of how much slop it has.

If anyone else has done this before and has had no issues with that much slop it would be nice to know.

Thanks for any info...

That is not a bogie wheel.

That is the carrier wheel on the carrier wheel bracket part# 1542219-067

If you think about it, most upper rear torque arms, simply mount into a hole in the tunnel. Your installation will have that, in addition to this carrier wheel bracket.

--------------------
07 FST IQ Cruiser. 15,710 miles SLP Powder Pros, 10" carbide, Fox Float IFS, MY09 LW spindle, skidplate, Racecraft intercooler & boost box, ELA Gen II exhaust, Precision Sports 2012 reflash & HD eng. mounts, full SLP intake, heat control and venting package, 136 x 1.25 RipSaw full clipped w/144 plastic doubled XL Fast-Trac 1.375 studs, Avid-Products.com external drivers on axle, revalved M10 Fox shocks, 4 inner and 2 outer idlers added, Receiver hitch & projector beam installed. rzimmer underdrive alt. pulley. AMSOIL fluids by MAXoil.com

10 600 CFI LX INTL Red Powder Pro skis, red skidplate, 108 double XL Fast-Trac 1.375, 4 rear idlers, receiver hitch

07 600 CFI Switchback Red Powder Pro skis, projector beam, red skidplate, 116 double XL Fast-Trac 1.375, receiver hitch

previously 06 FST IQ Touring SLP Powder Pros, 136 1.25 IceRipper

+Quote Post
mxrider97
post Dec 10 2012, 07:18 AM
Post #3

Guests

QUOTE(ExcursionPSD @ Dec 9 2012, 11:51 PM) *
That is not a bogie wheel.

That is the carrier wheel on the carrier wheel bracket part# 1542219-067

If you think about it, most upper rear torque arms, simply mount into a hole in the tunnel. Your installation will have that, in addition to this carrier wheel bracket.

Thanks for replying. I should have put carrier wheel bracket. My concern is when you put the carrier bracket on the polaris shaft there is hardly any
if any slop. When using the airwave shaft kit there is a noticeable amount of slop. It seems over time this slop would wear things out.

+Quote Post
jimr
post Dec 11 2012, 06:54 AM
Post #4

Average Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 931
Current Vehicle:
2010 Turbo LX

QUOTE(mxrider97 @ Dec 8 2012, 05:46 PM) *

Thanks for any info...

Does the Air Wave kit include a new rear torque arm? If it does, I think the answer to your question is simple as I just looked at their website and both Air Wave models do not use the carrier wheel bracket shown in your picture. The question I would ask, is the wheel mounted directly on the RTA shaft and the carrier bracket no longer required and becomes a boat anchor?

--------------------
Riding Type: 70% groomed trails, 30% lakes, Where: Haliburton, Ontario

2010 Turbo LX - PS 2012 flash, reinforced boost box, boost gauge, Bosch 110 BOV, BKR8EIX plugs, silicone reference lines, boost tube wrapped, clutch springs, 11-68 modified, PS helix, belt guard, cyclone reroute, 3" alternator pulley, brake rotor & reverse gear "O" ring silencer, RTV seal front axle to transmission hub, add oil grooves on reverse gears, SLP vents, Mobile 1 ATF, 2 studs per panel

Polaris Stable: '04 600 Classic, '03 600 Classic, '01 600 touring, '00 600 Touring, '97 LX Wide Track, (3) '02 Sportsman 500's

+Quote Post
mxrider97
post Dec 11 2012, 09:38 PM
Post #5

Guests

QUOTE(jimr @ Dec 11 2012, 06:54 AM) *
Does the Air Wave kit include a new rear torque arm? If it does, I think the answer to your question is simple as I just looked at their website and both Air Wave models do not use the carrier wheel bracket shown in your picture. The question I would ask, is the wheel mounted directly on the RTA shaft and the carrier bracket no longer required and becomes a boat anchor?

First off thank you for the replies. The kit does come with a new rear torque arm. It still uses the carrier wheel brackets for the IQ's . One of the steps is to send them in to Team Fast to do some machining on them to work with the air wave kit. The way it is looking I will get to talk to the correct tech tomorrow. Hopefully I can get some good answers then.

+Quote Post
jimr
post Dec 15 2012, 07:22 AM
Post #6

Average Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 931
Current Vehicle:
2010 Turbo LX

QUOTE(mxrider97 @ Dec 11 2012, 10:38 PM) *
First off thank you for the replies. The kit does come with a new rear torque arm. It still uses the carrier wheel brackets for the IQ's . One of the steps is to send them in to Team Fast to do some machining on them to work with the air wave kit. The way it is looking I will get to talk to the correct tech tomorrow. Hopefully I can get some good answers then.

Any success with your follow-up discussion with Team. When you think the whole wheel bracket through..at assembly the bracket is clamped tight against the tunnel by two bolts. One through the wheel portion and the other when the RTA shaft is tightened. Since there in no rotating movement of the bracket all should be well. Give some feedback on the air shock upgrade.

--------------------
Riding Type: 70% groomed trails, 30% lakes, Where: Haliburton, Ontario

2010 Turbo LX - PS 2012 flash, reinforced boost box, boost gauge, Bosch 110 BOV, BKR8EIX plugs, silicone reference lines, boost tube wrapped, clutch springs, 11-68 modified, PS helix, belt guard, cyclone reroute, 3" alternator pulley, brake rotor & reverse gear "O" ring silencer, RTV seal front axle to transmission hub, add oil grooves on reverse gears, SLP vents, Mobile 1 ATF, 2 studs per panel

Polaris Stable: '04 600 Classic, '03 600 Classic, '01 600 touring, '00 600 Touring, '97 LX Wide Track, (3) '02 Sportsman 500's

+Quote Post
mxrider97
post Dec 15 2012, 09:58 AM
Post #7

Guests

QUOTE(jimr @ Dec 15 2012, 07:22 AM) *
Any success with your follow-up discussion with Team. When you think the whole wheel bracket through..at assembly the bracket is clamped tight against the tunnel by two bolts. One through the wheel portion and the other when the RTA shaft is tightened. Since there in no rotating movement of the bracket all should be well. Give some feedback on the air shock upgrade.

I got to talk to them on Thursday. They said not to worry since it will all be pushed together. I've worked on a lot of quads and dirtbikes, I never seen that much of a difference on aftermarket stuff. But if they say its ok I will take thier word. I should have it all installed by end of this weekend. I also purchased thier new front torque arm and had the front shock valved to thier spec along with the 100/300 spring. I'll post some pics when finished and will definitely give a review once I get to ride it. We have a place booked for the week of 1/12 -1/19 about 7 miles north east of wisconsin. Right now not looking good for snow, hoping that all changes in a few weeks.

Thanks for the info and feed back..

+Quote Post
mxrider97
post Dec 23 2012, 10:26 AM
Post #8

Guests

I finally got to try the sled out yesterday. We unloaded in Stoughton, Wis. put on just over a 100 miles. We went up for the day. The trails mostly consisted of going through corn fields and bean fields with about 5% woods. So far I feel the suspension is improved from last year. Some of the fields were rough and some smooth. In the rough wooped out sections I'd just add a little more air and you could tell the improvement. Also it seems like the sled hooks up better compared to the stock suspension.

Also added a few performance parts and was very happy with the results.

Heading up to Eagle River area in a few weeks. If people want to hear any more reports on the kit I can put in some more feedback after the ride.

Changes since last year:
M20 Airwave diamond kit with 100/300 spring on the front shock and revalved per Team Fast specs
TEAM FAST IQ Rear mount brackets
New skis
SLP PIPE/Silencer
SLP Air Box mod
Delta Force Reed Valves

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
Help Search Members Calendar
BottomCorner PageBorder
BlueBar