> Simmons GEN 2 flexi skis.
jjmm2
post Nov 23 2010, 06:31 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,092
Current Vehicle:
2007 FST RMK Switchback

I am thinking of putting a Pair of the Simmons Gen 2 flexi skis on my FST RMK. I like the look of the skis and I feel that they would provide me with the best flotation in deep snow of any skis out there on the market. I currentley have the Polaris RMK griper skis on my machine and they have been a great improvement over the stock skis in deep snow but I would like to go wider. the only concern that I have with these 10 inch wide pontoons is that I will not be able to fit it in to my enclosed trailer beside another machine since the ski stance on the FST's is 42.5 inches. Has any one got these skis on their FST's and do you have problems fitting it on to your trailer????

--------------------
JJMM2
07 FST RMK Switchback: ELA engineering exhaust, Yayou's stage 3 ECU reflash, Aluminum boost box, Reacecraft custom intercooler, "159" polaris series IV 2 1/8 inch mountain track, tracks USA rail extensions, SLP cold air intake tube heat shield, SLP air vents, RMK Gripper Skis, Holz Racing Spindals, 9 inch power madd riser block , skinz float plate, red Polaris low profile wind screen, 21/ 46 gears, Precision Sports PS 03 Turbo upgrade, outerwear prefilter, oil vent cyclone rerouted to exhaust, skinz Rear bumper, fire n Ice Headlight and dash intakes, VDO boost gauge, SLP dash air intake vents, polaris FS heavy duty front bumper, Mountain Fit hoods Running boards and heat vents, Holz Racing 41 inch A-Arms, Holz racing Ice scratchers, Walker Evens Racing IQ RMK coil over piggy back front shocks, snow skinz intercooler mesh cover, Simmon's Gen 2 Pontoons, frog skinz, HD engine mounts, heavy duty rear torsion spring, 225 LBS spring on front track shock from carls cycle, HD RMK front sway bar, HRP rear gas rack, HRP 2 wheel rear kit with 8 inch wheels, rider select delete kit. And I am finished!

Mountain Mod #2

1999 Yamaha Mountain Max: triple 750 big bore kit, 151x15x2 inch track, Polaris rmk rear skid with fox zero pro shocks, Simmons gen 1 skis, fabcraft trailing arms and complete light weight front end, works performance front shocks, carb porting, holtzman ATAAC altitude system, Hauck performance boost bottle, v-force 3 reeds, Hartman inc tunnel extension and rear end, boss light weight seat, mountain fit hoods light weight hood, 6 inch power madd riser with Polaris mountain bar, HRP gas rack, tons of billeted aluminum parts, slp triple pipes, slp air intake, outerwears air box cover, Yamaha air box mods...... More parts to come!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sponsor

ExcursionPSD
post Nov 24 2010, 01:23 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 744
Current Vehicle:
07 FST Cruiser

QUOTE(jjmm2 @ Nov 23 2010, 06:31 PM) *
I am thinking of putting a Pair of the Simmons Gen 2 flexi skis on my FST RMK. I like the look of the skis and I feel that they would provide me with the best flotation in deep snow of any skis out there on the market. I currentley have the Polaris RMK griper skis on my machine and they have been a great improvement over the stock skis in deep snow but I would like to go wider. the only concern that I have with these 10 inch wide pontoons is that I will not be able to fit it in to my enclosed trailer beside another machine since the ski stance on the FST's is 42.5 inches. Has any one got these skis on their FST's and do you have problems fitting it on to your trailer????

How wide is the inside of your enclosed trailer?

--------------------
07 FST IQ Cruiser. 15,710 miles SLP Powder Pros, 10" carbide, Fox Float IFS, MY09 LW spindle, skidplate, Racecraft intercooler & boost box, ELA Gen II exhaust, Precision Sports 2012 reflash & HD eng. mounts, full SLP intake, heat control and venting package, 136 x 1.25 RipSaw full clipped w/144 plastic doubled XL Fast-Trac 1.375 studs, Avid-Products.com external drivers on axle, revalved M10 Fox shocks, 4 inner and 2 outer idlers added, Receiver hitch & projector beam installed. rzimmer underdrive alt. pulley. AMSOIL fluids by MAXoil.com

10 600 CFI LX INTL Red Powder Pro skis, red skidplate, 108 double XL Fast-Trac 1.375, 4 rear idlers, receiver hitch

07 600 CFI Switchback Red Powder Pro skis, projector beam, red skidplate, 116 double XL Fast-Trac 1.375, receiver hitch

previously 06 FST IQ Touring SLP Powder Pros, 136 1.25 IceRipper

+Quote Post
jjmm2
post Nov 24 2010, 07:47 AM
Post #3

Current Vehicle:
2007 FST RMK Switchback

QUOTE(ExcursionPSD @ Nov 24 2010, 02:23 AM) *
How wide is the inside of your enclosed trailer?

The trailer that I have is a triton enclosed 2 place trailer and the width of it is about 101 inches or just over 8 feet so I may have a little room. the other sled that I have have is a T-660 Acrtic cat touring and I think that the ski stace on it is 43 inches, bu the ski are narrow. I was on the Simmons web site and they said that a machine with the GEN 2 skis would fit on a standard 2 place trailer but that there would be some ski over lap, but I was assuming that those ski were on a mountain sled with a narrower ski stance and I was not sure.

This post has been edited by jjmm2: Nov 24 2010, 07:48 AM

--------------------
JJMM2
07 FST RMK Switchback: ELA engineering exhaust, Yayou's stage 3 ECU reflash, Aluminum boost box, Reacecraft custom intercooler, "159" polaris series IV 2 1/8 inch mountain track, tracks USA rail extensions, SLP cold air intake tube heat shield, SLP air vents, RMK Gripper Skis, Holz Racing Spindals, 9 inch power madd riser block , skinz float plate, red Polaris low profile wind screen, 21/ 46 gears, Precision Sports PS 03 Turbo upgrade, outerwear prefilter, oil vent cyclone rerouted to exhaust, skinz Rear bumper, fire n Ice Headlight and dash intakes, VDO boost gauge, SLP dash air intake vents, polaris FS heavy duty front bumper, Mountain Fit hoods Running boards and heat vents, Holz Racing 41 inch A-Arms, Holz racing Ice scratchers, Walker Evens Racing IQ RMK coil over piggy back front shocks, snow skinz intercooler mesh cover, Simmon's Gen 2 Pontoons, frog skinz, HD engine mounts, heavy duty rear torsion spring, 225 LBS spring on front track shock from carls cycle, HD RMK front sway bar, HRP rear gas rack, HRP 2 wheel rear kit with 8 inch wheels, rider select delete kit. And I am finished!

Mountain Mod #2

1999 Yamaha Mountain Max: triple 750 big bore kit, 151x15x2 inch track, Polaris rmk rear skid with fox zero pro shocks, Simmons gen 1 skis, fabcraft trailing arms and complete light weight front end, works performance front shocks, carb porting, holtzman ATAAC altitude system, Hauck performance boost bottle, v-force 3 reeds, Hartman inc tunnel extension and rear end, boss light weight seat, mountain fit hoods light weight hood, 6 inch power madd riser with Polaris mountain bar, HRP gas rack, tons of billeted aluminum parts, slp triple pipes, slp air intake, outerwears air box cover, Yamaha air box mods...... More parts to come!

+Quote Post
ExcursionPSD
post Nov 24 2010, 06:53 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 744
Current Vehicle:
07 FST Cruiser

I'm guessing your sled is about 98-96 inches wide inside the frame. Struts that hold the cover open will narrow that considerably, depending on where they are located.

When Polaris came out with the MY95 XLT Special with the Xtra-12 front and rear, they had a 43.5 inch center stance at its widest. My covered trailer had a little over 90 inche width inside, so I did several things to make it work...

1. Lift up the front of the sled and put blocks under the bellypan, this will make the ski stance as narrow as possible. I have seen some run a tie-down strap or a ratchet strap between the two spindles, to keep it narrow while driving on/off, but you want to make sure that strop doesn't catch on anything on the trailer, or you could have a REAL narrow ski stance.

2. This trailer was a driveon / drive off fourplace (upside down shoebox), and had struts in front, next to the skis of the front 2 sleds. I got some foot long sections of large C channel, mounted them on the deck about where the front struts had been mounted, and then mounted the struts on top of the C-channel. With the C-channel against the inside of the cover frame, the outside of the ski, went into the C and had the cover strut above it.

3. In the center of the trailer, I put one ski carbide on top of a 2x4 block, to allow the skis to overlap some. I guess I could have used a piece of C-channel to get the same effect of raising one ski above the other, also.

--------------------
07 FST IQ Cruiser. 15,710 miles SLP Powder Pros, 10" carbide, Fox Float IFS, MY09 LW spindle, skidplate, Racecraft intercooler & boost box, ELA Gen II exhaust, Precision Sports 2012 reflash & HD eng. mounts, full SLP intake, heat control and venting package, 136 x 1.25 RipSaw full clipped w/144 plastic doubled XL Fast-Trac 1.375 studs, Avid-Products.com external drivers on axle, revalved M10 Fox shocks, 4 inner and 2 outer idlers added, Receiver hitch & projector beam installed. rzimmer underdrive alt. pulley. AMSOIL fluids by MAXoil.com

10 600 CFI LX INTL Red Powder Pro skis, red skidplate, 108 double XL Fast-Trac 1.375, 4 rear idlers, receiver hitch

07 600 CFI Switchback Red Powder Pro skis, projector beam, red skidplate, 116 double XL Fast-Trac 1.375, receiver hitch

previously 06 FST IQ Touring SLP Powder Pros, 136 1.25 IceRipper

+Quote Post
jjmm2
post Nov 24 2010, 07:14 PM
Post #5

Current Vehicle:
2007 FST RMK Switchback

QUOTE(ExcursionPSD @ Nov 24 2010, 07:53 PM) *
I'm guessing your sled is about 98-96 inches wide inside the frame. Struts that hold the cover open will narrow that considerably, depending on where they are located.

When Polaris came out with the MY95 XLT Special with the Xtra-12 front and rear, they had a 43.5 inch center stance at its widest. My covered trailer had a little over 90 inche width inside, so I did several things to make it work...

1. Lift up the front of the sled and put blocks under the bellypan, this will make the ski stance as narrow as possible. I have seen some run a tie-down strap or a ratchet strap between the two spindles, to keep it narrow while driving on/off, but you want to make sure that strop doesn't catch on anything on the trailer, or you could have a REAL narrow ski stance.

2. This trailer was a driveon / drive off fourplace (upside down shoebox), and had struts in front, next to the skis of the front 2 sleds. I got some foot long sections of large C channel, mounted them on the deck about where the front struts had been mounted, and then mounted the struts on top of the C-channel. With the C-channel against the inside of the cover frame, the outside of the ski, went into the C and had the cover strut above it.

3. In the center of the trailer, I put one ski carbide on top of a 2x4 block, to allow the skis to overlap some. I guess I could have used a piece of C-channel to get the same effect of raising one ski above the other, also.

Thanks for the info PSD! I ordered them today from a custom sled shop in edmonton and the guy there said he will not take them back if they don't fit because they are a special order item. I was looking at my trailer today with the other seld in it and I figure I will have enough room in the trailer and will not even have to over lap the skis at all. the skis on the T 660 Acrtic cat are narrow so I figured if I moved the sled over as fare as it goes then I should have plenty of room.

--------------------
JJMM2

Mountain Mod #2

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
Help Search Members Calendar
BottomCorner PageBorder
BlueBar