> Relocating Tail Light-Anyone done this
MiGuy
post Jan 25 2010, 02:39 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,585
Current Vehicle:
2012 Pro R Switchback 800

I bought a tunnel bag for my 09 turbo and realized it wont hold nearly enough gear for a 7 day saddle bag trip. Has anyone here tried to relocate the brake/tail light to the rear of the tunnel so you could use the larger regular IQ tunnel bag? Pics, advice very much appreciated. This seems liek it ocudl be done relatively easy but wanted to check here first.

--------------------
2012 Pro R 800 Switchback(mine)
2010 550 Shift (hers)
2007 Dragon 120 (kids)
2007 Ranger XP (everybodys)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sponsor

Bowana
post Jan 25 2010, 04:25 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 3,101
Current Vehicle:
2010 800 Switchback

QUOTE(MiGuy @ Jan 25 2010, 02:39 PM) *
I bought a tunnel bag for my 09 turbo and realized it wont hold nearly enough gear for a 7 day saddle bag trip. Has anyone here tried to relocate the brake/tail light to the rear of the tunnel so you could use the larger regular IQ tunnel bag? Pics, advice very much appreciated. This seems liek it ocudl be done relatively easy but wanted to check here first.

I did mine on an 08 Turbo Dragon and posted pictures on the site. Not sure if you have the same single light under the seat but it is not hard to do. It was posted after approx Dec 2008. Not sure if I still have the pictures on my computer but PM me if you can't find them or have questions.

--------------------
2010 800 Switchback . 11-12 Mileage 0. Dually carbides, Tunnel bag by Polaris. Gears Handlebar ag. .405 torsion springs, Polaris hand guards, tinted windshield. Rear rack. Centre headlight. Skid Plate. Rear rack and extra idler wheels. Factory cover. FOR SALE $7500 CDN 4500 miles

+Quote Post
Bbking
post Jan 26 2010, 07:22 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 4,359
Current Vehicle:
07 FST (modded)

sorry for going of topic, but if you need more room for stuff like i did, i bought a trow-over saddlebag for an Edge chassis, they are not made for IQ but fits quite ok in my oppinion smile.gif i have added an old picture whit the saddlebag, not to good picure but.
Attached File  Venstreside.jpg ( 2.31mb ) Number of downloads: 18

good luck in relocating the tail light.

This post has been edited by Bbking: Jan 26 2010, 07:23 AM

--------------------
RMK"Wannabe" 07 Switchback: 166"-2.4 Poo track, Gear 22 46 2.09 . MMP 9" 2 wheel kit turnwheels, Goldfinger leftside throttle, Mountainbar, Autometer Boost gauge, Gripper skiis, brand new engine, Snostuff "Liquid " lexan hood, Dahlback Racing ECU and muffler, KN Filter.Huge Intercooler

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
Help Search Members Calendar
BottomCorner PageBorder
BlueBar