darrenbrezinski
post Oct 25 2009, 12:14 AM
Post #1

Average Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,159
Current Vehicle:
2008 IQ cruiser fst

Tuning up a freinds sled for the new season and check engine light flashs. It was doing it for him last year but he was driving it with a dead battery and pull starting it. I thought maybe a new battery would cure the problem but it hasn't. Does anyone know if there is a way to erase this code without a digital wrench? Or will it take a while to clear on its own. I just didnt want my garage to smell like 2-stroke for a week leaving it run for 10 minutes. Sled ran fine last spring with the light flashing.

--------------------
brez 2008 IQ cruiser FST , projector headlight, ukranian belt venting, 1 3/4" track, wiring protected, hitch, front & rear heated visor cord, limiter strap tightened one hole for better steering, BKR8EIX plugs, Yayou's updated reflash, clear hoses for the boost controller replaced , spring clamps replaced with tie downs on boost reference hoses, eliminated my gas and oily filter problem with rerouting line to exhaust, 23/44 gears, auto meter boost pressure gauge, ELA Engineering exhaust, precision PS2 turbo upgrade, boost box re-enforcement, 3 inch alternator pulley and belt upgrade, datalogger, Pre turbo shot of meth and post turbo as well.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sponsor

ExcursionPSD
post Oct 25 2009, 01:08 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 744
Current Vehicle:
07 FST Cruiser

QUOTE(darrenbrezinski @ Oct 25 2009, 01:14 AM) *
Tuning up a freinds sled for the new season and check engine light flashs. It was doing it for him last year but he was driving it with a dead battery and pull starting it. I thought maybe a new battery would cure the problem but it hasn't. Does anyone know if there is a way to erase this code without a digital wrench? Or will it take a while to clear on its own. I just didnt want my garage to smell like 2-stroke for a week leaving it run for 10 minutes. Sled ran fine last spring with the light flashing.

Hard to identify blind, without Digital Wrench hooked up.

First, you said Check Engine light (the light at the 8 oclock position on the analog gauge) flashing, how long does it flash?

It is not the words "Service" and "ENG" (words on the digital gauge section) is it?
this just reminds you that 50 hours has expired since the sled had maintenance peformed on it.

If Check Engine light just gives six flashes, it could be a problem with DET sensor or wiring to the DET sensor.

--------------------
07 FST IQ Cruiser. 15,710 miles SLP Powder Pros, 10" carbide, Fox Float IFS, MY09 LW spindle, skidplate, Racecraft intercooler & boost box, ELA Gen II exhaust, Precision Sports 2012 reflash & HD eng. mounts, full SLP intake, heat control and venting package, 136 x 1.25 RipSaw full clipped w/144 plastic doubled XL Fast-Trac 1.375 studs, Avid-Products.com external drivers on axle, revalved M10 Fox shocks, 4 inner and 2 outer idlers added, Receiver hitch & projector beam installed. rzimmer underdrive alt. pulley. AMSOIL fluids by MAXoil.com

10 600 CFI LX INTL Red Powder Pro skis, red skidplate, 108 double XL Fast-Trac 1.375, 4 rear idlers, receiver hitch

07 600 CFI Switchback Red Powder Pro skis, projector beam, red skidplate, 116 double XL Fast-Trac 1.375, receiver hitch

previously 06 FST IQ Touring SLP Powder Pros, 136 1.25 IceRipper

+Quote Post
darrenbrezinski
post Oct 25 2009, 11:31 AM
Post #3

Average Member

Current Vehicle:
2008 IQ cruiser fst

QUOTE(ExcursionPSD @ Oct 25 2009, 01:08 AM) *
Hard to identify blind, without Digital Wrench hooked up.

First, you said Check Engine light (the light at the 8 oclock position on the analog gauge) flashing, how long does it flash?

It is not the words "Service" and "ENG" (words on the digital gauge section) is it?
this just reminds you that 50 hours has expired since the sled had maintenance peformed on it.

If Check Engine light just gives six flashes, it could be a problem with DET sensor or wiring to the DET sensor.

I went to the garage and fired it up and the check engine flashs 3 times and then a pause 3 times and a pause and so on. Excursion will the check engine light clear itself if the problem is resolved or do you need D W. Thanks!

--------------------
brez 2008 IQ cruiser FST , projector headlight, ukranian belt venting, 1 3/4" track, wiring protected, hitch, front & rear heated visor cord, limiter strap tightened one hole for better steering, BKR8EIX plugs, Yayou's updated reflash, clear hoses for the boost controller replaced , spring clamps replaced with tie downs on boost reference hoses, eliminated my gas and oily filter problem with rerouting line to exhaust, 23/44 gears, auto meter boost pressure gauge, ELA Engineering exhaust, precision PS2 turbo upgrade, boost box re-enforcement, 3 inch alternator pulley and belt upgrade, datalogger, Pre turbo shot of meth and post turbo as well.

+Quote Post
redneckfusion700
post Oct 25 2009, 05:53 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 2,800
Current Vehicle:
06 fusion 700

QUOTE(darrenbrezinski @ Oct 25 2009, 11:31 AM) *
I went to the garage and fired it up and the check engine flashs 3 times and then a pause 3 times and a pause and so on. Excursion will the check engine light clear itself if the problem is resolved or do you need D W. Thanks!

once the problem is fixed it will go away on its own

+Quote Post
ExcursionPSD
post Oct 25 2009, 07:47 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Current Vehicle:
07 FST Cruiser

QUOTE(darrenbrezinski @ Oct 25 2009, 12:31 PM) *

---------------------------
Service Tip S-04-11-07 November 2004
---------------------------

A warning system is incorporated into the speedometer that will inform the rider of a code that has been set by
a sensor that has been operated beyond the normal operating range.

The CHECK ENGINE LED will display a blink code whenever the ECU determines there is a problem with
one or more of the sensors listed below. Hook up Digital Wrench to troubleshoot, fix and clear the codes.

The blinking light can be de--coded for diagnosis and if two or more codes are present at the same time the code
will blink in turn. An example is shown on page two.

Sensor LED Blinking Explanation

1 Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) 1 time Sensor signal is below 0.7 volts or above 4.39 volts.

2 Water Temperature Sensor 2 times Sensor signal is below 0.1 volts or above 4.8 volts.

3 Intake Air Temperature Sensor 3 times Sensor signal is below 0.19 volts or above 4.9 volts.

4 Barometric Pressure Sensor 4 times Sensor circuit voltage is below 1.25 volts or above 3.23 volts.

5 Exhaust Temperature Sensor 5 times This blink code is set if the engine has been running above 3000 RPM for more than 2 minutes and the sensor voltage is below 0.06 volts or above 4.9 volts.

6 Detonation Sensor 6 times This blink code is set if the engine speed is above 6000 RPM and the DET signal is below 1.23 volts or above 4.3 volts for more than 2 seconds.

7 times is not used --

8. EV Solenoid (O.L.) 8 times An “open circuit” condition is detected in the exhaust valve solenoid control.

These codes will all reset when the cause of the problem is corrected.

--------------------
07 FST IQ Cruiser. 15,710 miles SLP Powder Pros, 10" carbide, Fox Float IFS, MY09 LW spindle, skidplate, Racecraft intercooler & boost box, ELA Gen II exhaust, Precision Sports 2012 reflash & HD eng. mounts, full SLP intake, heat control and venting package, 136 x 1.25 RipSaw full clipped w/144 plastic doubled XL Fast-Trac 1.375 studs, Avid-Products.com external drivers on axle, revalved M10 Fox shocks, 4 inner and 2 outer idlers added, Receiver hitch & projector beam installed. rzimmer underdrive alt. pulley. AMSOIL fluids by MAXoil.com

10 600 CFI LX INTL Red Powder Pro skis, red skidplate, 108 double XL Fast-Trac 1.375, 4 rear idlers, receiver hitch

07 600 CFI Switchback Red Powder Pro skis, projector beam, red skidplate, 116 double XL Fast-Trac 1.375, receiver hitch

+Quote Post
darrenbrezinski
post Oct 26 2009, 07:55 PM
Post #6

Average Member

Current Vehicle:
2008 IQ cruiser fst

Thanks for the codes excursion. It really helped. I checked the power coming to it and had 5 volts. Then I checked at the sensor and there was 5 volts one side and 0 on the other. Turns out the wire coming out was broke off flush with the sensor. I managed to drill a hole in the plastic beside the wire and solder it. I haven't put it on yet but I'm sure it will work. Priced out a new one $133.75 plus tax Ouch! Not much to it for that cash. 1 pig tail, 20 inchs of wire, a peice of plastic to mount what looks like a 25 cent resistor.

--------------------

+Quote Post
ExcursionPSD
post Oct 26 2009, 08:14 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Current Vehicle:
07 FST Cruiser

QUOTE(darrenbrezinski @ Oct 26 2009, 08:55 PM) *
Thanks for the codes excursion. It really helped. I checked the power coming to it and had 5 volts. Then I checked at the sensor and there was 5 volts one side and 0 on the other. Turns out the wire coming out was broke off flush with the sensor. I managed to drill a hole in the plastic beside the wire and solder it. I haven't put it on yet but I'm sure it will work. Priced out a new one $133.75 plus tax Ouch! Not much to it for that cash. 1 pig tail, 20 inchs of wire, a peice of plastic to mount what looks like a 25 cent resistor.

Good job,

I couldn't quite see the problem from here, if I did I couldn't have fixed it like you did. My soldering skills got rusty after I applied for my short wave license. The usual commission splitting arrangment will be just fine!

I believe the engine management defaults to treating an out of range air temp. sensor like a reading of -20F, so this sled should run a lot crisper in warmer temperatures, and have better fuel economy after the fix.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
Help Search Members Calendar
BottomCorner PageBorder
BlueBar