yayou
post Nov 26 2008, 11:12 AM
Post #1

Average Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,023
Current Vehicle:
Snowmobile

I'm thrilled and excited to announce that, after over 1 year of hard work, I will be offering the opportunity to upgrade and reflash all 2006-2009 M7.4.4 ECU's. Over this past year, I have worked extensively with a reputable software and hardware company to gain access to the M7.4.4 internal code, Eprom, operating maps, checksum algorythm and communication protocols. The result: I now have access to the M.7.4.4 source code and Maps that define and impact engine operation and power output.

Specifically, it is now possible to change boost maps, timing maps, fuel maps and various correction maps. The reflashing process is accomplished in serial mode, through the oem digital wrench socket, or in standalone mode, working with the ECU without it being connected to the snowmobile. A modified ECU will still retain all its current protection features, like reducing timing on low octane fuel or reducing boost in case of a malfunction. It will also retain all its adaptative functions which allow for fuel correction as well as timing and wastegate control.

I intend to offer 3 different reflash stages, ranging from conservative to wild. The stage 1 (pump premium gas) reflash will only involve higher boost in continuous mode while the stage 3 reflash will involve different timing and fuel Maps as well as unlimited boost and rpm limits (100+ Octane gas). Power gains will range from 15bhp to 45bhp.

The different maps are currently being tested. Final maps will be made available only in January following extensive real world testing in the snow. Reflashing will also be available for the MSX110 and MSX150 watercrafts next June.

Stay tuned...

--------------------
Switchback 2007
Visit us at Precision Sports
Contact us
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sponsor

bluetoy
post Nov 26 2008, 12:36 PM
Post #2

Average Member

Member No.: 924
Current Vehicle:
'10 FST Touring

I predict a very busy winter of reflashing for you!!!

Oh and a profitable on to boot.

This post has been edited by bluetoy: Nov 26 2008, 01:19 PM

--------------------
All Groomed trail riding. Hardly any lakes only a few fields. 50/50 for 1up or 2up 2010 FST Touring Blue, 2010 550 Shift.

+Quote Post
gizz
post Nov 26 2008, 01:14 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 352
Current Vehicle:
2009 Turbo Switchback

QUOTE(yayou @ Nov 26 2008, 12:12 PM) *
I'm thrilled and excited to announce that, after over 1 year of hard work, I will be offering the opportunity to upgrade and reflash all 2006-2009 M7.4.4 ECU's. Over this past year, I have worked extensively with a reputable software and hardware company to gain access to the M7.4.4 internal code, Eprom, operating maps, checksum algorythm and communication protocols. The result: I now have access to the M.7.4.4 source code and Maps that define and impact engine operation and power output.

Specifically, it is now possible to change boost maps, timing maps, fuel maps and various correction maps. The reflashing process is accomplished in serial mode, through the oem digital wrench socket, or in standalone mode, working with the ECU without it being connected to the snowmobile. A modified ECU will still retain all its current protection features, like reducing timing on low octane fuel or reducing boost in case of a malfunction. It will also retain all its adaptative functions which allow for fuel correction as well as timing and wastegate control.

I intend to offer 3 different reflash stages, ranging from conservative to wild. The stage 1 (pump premium gas) reflash will only involve higher boost in continuous mode while the stage 3 reflash will involve different timing and fuel Maps as well as unlimited boost and rpm limits (100+ Octane gas). Power gains will range from 15bhp to 45bhp.

The different maps are currently being tested. Final maps will be made available only in January following extensive real world testing in the snow. Reflashing will also be available for the MSX110 and MSX150 watercrafts next June.

Stay tuned...

Very Cool. Just so that i have this right if i take my basic 140 HP turbo and get the stage 1 flash i'd end up with approx 155 HP? Would i still have overboost? and if so where would that put the overboost at?

+Quote Post
zdc_Larry
post Nov 26 2008, 01:37 PM
Post #4

FST Banshee

Member No.: 2,234
Current Vehicle:
2006 Switchback FST

QUOTE(gizz @ Nov 26 2008, 02:14 PM) *
Very Cool. Just so that i have this right if i take my basic 140 HP turbo and get the stage 1 flash i'd end up with approx 155 HP? Would i still have overboost? and if so where would that put the overboost at?

Yeah, what he said. I get a lot of shit about the my "Lead Slead" FST from other riders and I'd love to shut them up!!! wink.gif

--------------------
'06 SB FST = SLP Powder Pre-Filters, SLP 2" Flow Rites x4, SLP Heat Extractor kits left/right, SLP Intake Tube Heat Shield, SLP Powder Pro Skis, SLP Silencer, Precision Sports Heavy Duty Engine Mounts, Helix Kit with 11-68 weights, 25/44 gears and 80p chain, NGK Iridium BKR8EIX Spark Plugs, RMK LW Adjustable Spindles, Holz Front A-Arm kit, Custom radiator screen with Pre-filter screen, Relocated battery under seat, Cobra 11" windshield, Relocated tailight to infront of rear close off bag while eliminating the shovel holder/tailight housing, custom snow flap from www.snowflap.com, 114 studs down the center, Auto Meter Boost Guage 20vac/20psi, K&N Air Filter PL-1003 and Filter Wrap PL-1003PK, Zorns BIG Intercooler.

+Quote Post
yayou
post Nov 26 2008, 07:21 PM
Post #5

Average Member

Current Vehicle:
Snowmobile

Stage 1 will allow to run the "so-called" overboost in continuous mode , not temporary.... with a 1psi boost over and above. At the same time, all ECU alarms & engine protection features will remain unchanged.

--------------------
Switchback 2007
Contact us

+Quote Post
Snobeeler
post Nov 26 2008, 07:37 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 934
Current Vehicle:
06 Classic, 14 Pro R 800

QUOTE(yayou @ Nov 26 2008, 09:21 PM) *
Stage 1 will allow to run the "so-called" overboost in continuous mode , not temporary.... with a 1psi boost over and above. At the same time, all ECU alarms & engine protection features will remain unchanged.

This is exciting to me. I was involved in "testing" those cards that get all the tv channels years ago. I learned a bit about programming then. I will be looking for stage 1 when available. Thanks for your hard work on this.

--------------------
06 FST Classic............. 8,700 miles, All Updates and Team Tips Completed, Yayou's 2012 ECU Upgrade, Reinforced Boost Box, PS Advanced Rider Adjustable Boost Pressure Controller, Innovative Motorsports Data Logger, Stewert Warner Boost Gauge, 08 Spindles, SLP slt Ski's with Dual Runners, Revalved M-10 shocks, Reinforced Front A-Arm, Rebalanced Drive Clutch, SLP Heat Vents, Gearcase Alignment Done, Violet Wire Fix, Rerouted Cyclone Seperator Vent to Muffler, Jackshaft Notch, 12 Volt D-C Outlet, Gas Tank Float Level Modification, RC7PYCBX Spark Plugs.

2014 800 Switchback Pro R Adventure..........1650 Miles, Rerouted VES Solenoid Outlet (sound familiar), StudBoy Duece Runners, Heavy Rear Track Spring.

+Quote Post
Lancerfst
post Nov 26 2008, 08:48 PM
Post #7

Turbo Dynamics

Member No.: 2,792
Current Vehicle:
06 FST touring

Bravo, fantastic !!!
Yippee smile.gif
I'd like to know what's the current timing map at WOT if you can get it.

This post has been edited by Lancerfst: Nov 26 2008, 08:49 PM

--------------------
2006 FST Touring

Mods: Turbo Dynamics built Trail Big turbo Kit, boost controller set at 20 psi,
TD stainless exhaust system, TD Aluminum Boost box.

FST Pump Gas record holder: 224.3HP @ 26 psi
http://www.turbodynamics.ca
http://www.polarisfiles.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=4050
http://www.polarisfiles.com/forum/index.ph...=4123&st=20

+Quote Post
jimr
post Nov 26 2008, 09:00 PM
Post #8

Average Member

Member No.: 931
Current Vehicle:
2010 Turbo LX

QUOTE(yayou @ Nov 26 2008, 12:12 PM) *

Stay tuned...

Yayou...this technical accomplishment is another example of your infinite passion for on going continuous improvement, to maximize the power output of the Weber engine. It's like you purchased a diamond in the rough and you've gradually shaped it into a brilliant gemstone. Your testimony of 9,000 miles of trouble free fun riding, tells the story. A huge "Thank You" for your contribution to the snowmobiling sport.

--------------------
Riding Type: 70% groomed trails, 30% lakes, Where: Haliburton, Ontario

2010 Turbo LX - PS 2012 flash, reinforced boost box, boost gauge, Bosch 110 BOV, BKR8EIX plugs, silicone reference lines, boost tube wrapped, clutch springs, 11-68 modified, PS helix, belt guard, cyclone reroute, 3" alternator pulley, brake rotor & reverse gear "O" ring silencer, RTV seal front axle to transmission hub, add oil grooves on reverse gears, SLP vents, Mobile 1 ATF, 2 studs per panel

Polaris Stable: '04 600 Classic, '03 600 Classic, '01 600 touring, '00 600 Touring, '97 LX Wide Track, (3) '02 Sportsman 500's

+Quote Post
gizz
post Nov 27 2008, 07:13 AM
Post #9

Current Vehicle:
2009 Turbo Switchback

QUOTE(yayou @ Nov 26 2008, 08:21 PM) *

Put me down for a Stage 1 chip!

+Quote Post
Snobeeler
post Nov 27 2008, 09:43 AM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Current Vehicle:
06 Classic, 14 Pro R 800

QUOTE(yayou @ Nov 26 2008, 01:12 PM) *
The stage 1 (pump premium gas) reflash will only involve higher boost in continuous mode.
The different maps are currently being tested. Final maps will be made available only in January following extensive real world testing in the snow.

Since the stage 1 only involves allowing the already there overboost to stay in continous mode, would it be safe to assume there needs little or no testing for this. Therefore the possability it can be had sooner than January? Those words are directly from my thumb. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Snobeeler: Nov 27 2008, 09:45 AM

--------------------
06 FST Classic............. 8,700 miles, All Updates and Team Tips Completed, Yayou's 2012 ECU Upgrade, Reinforced Boost Box, PS Advanced Rider Adjustable Boost Pressure Controller, Innovative Motorsports Data Logger, Stewert Warner Boost Gauge, 08 Spindles, SLP slt Ski's with Dual Runners, Revalved M-10 shocks, Reinforced Front A-Arm, Rebalanced Drive Clutch, SLP Heat Vents, Gearcase Alignment Done, Violet Wire Fix, Rerouted Cyclone Seperator Vent to Muffler, Jackshaft Notch, 12 Volt D-C Outlet, Gas Tank Float Level Modification, RC7PYCBX Spark Plugs.

2014 800 Switchback Pro R Adventure..........1650 Miles, Rerouted VES Solenoid Outlet (sound familiar), StudBoy Duece Runners, Heavy Rear Track Spring.

+Quote Post
Arctic88
post Nov 27 2008, 10:48 AM
Post #11

Member No.: 672
Current Vehicle:
06 FST SB,98 700SKS

I would be interested in the stage 1 reprogram, let me know when they are available.

+Quote Post
Snobeeler
post Nov 27 2008, 01:22 PM
Post #12

Advanced Member

Current Vehicle:
06 Classic, 14 Pro R 800

QUOTE(Arctic88 @ Nov 27 2008, 12:48 PM) *
I would be interested in the stage 1 reprogram, let me know when they are available.

Hey everyone, lets not turn this thread into a "Me Too" thread. I'm not singling anybody out. If you are interested watch this thread and when Yayou is ready to program we will be the first to know. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Zornigvw
post Nov 27 2008, 01:39 PM
Post #13

Average Member

Member No.: 926
Current Vehicle:
06fusion/07 fst

<<<< Rubs hands together in anticipation!!!!!!

--------------------
RaceCraft-Fabrication

My Photo Album

2007 fst
camoplast cobra track, 216 trigger studs, 9" avid plastic wheels with avid products offset axel, SLP Powder Pros w/9" carbides, Precision Sports programing and clutching w/ 24/44 gearing,racecraft-fabrication tubular exhaust manifold,precision turbo HP4828, avid products extrovert drivers, slp anti stab kit, hygear suspension revalve and resprung, Fox floats with hygear suspension resivors. Racecraft-fabrication muffler and intercooler. carbon fiber handgards, Twisted Engineering carbon fiber handle bars. Racecraft-Fabrication aluminum boost box, turbosmart eboost2 boost controller, 2step launch control.

+Quote Post
yayou
post Nov 27 2008, 04:40 PM
Post #14

Average Member

Current Vehicle:
Snowmobile

QUOTE(Snobeeler @ Nov 27 2008, 02:22 PM) *
Hey everyone, lets not turn this thread into a "Me Too" thread. I'm not singling anybody out. If you are interested watch this thread and when Yayou is ready to program we will be the first to know. biggrin.gif

I will sure let everyone know. Testing goes beyond performance and I want to make sure all is 100% right.... including, as an example, compatibility with Digital Wrench after the various reflash versions..... want to cover all angles...

--------------------
Switchback 2007
Contact us

+Quote Post
ExcursionPSD
post Nov 28 2008, 09:34 PM
Post #15

Advanced Member

Member No.: 744
Current Vehicle:
07 FST Cruiser

QUOTE(Snobeeler @ Nov 27 2008, 09:43 AM) *
Since the stage 1 only involves allowing the already there overboost to stay in continous mode, would it be safe to assume there needs little or no testing for this. Therefore the possability it can be had sooner than January? Those words are directly from my thumb. smile.gif

There is not a lot of time between now and January. yayou has not had many reversals in his other modifications, due to a lot of testing and careful review of the results. I would explect him to remain conservative in the future, it has worked so well in the past.

In the meantime, get your sleds ready for more power and speed.

Work on ventilation, clutching, belt quality, suspension and handling. Improving instrumentation would also be worthwhile. Refresh your chaincase oil and verify chain and track adjustment. You have put in fresh plugs for the season, right?

--------------------
07 FST IQ Cruiser. 15,710 miles SLP Powder Pros, 10" carbide, Fox Float IFS, MY09 LW spindle, skidplate, Racecraft intercooler & boost box, ELA Gen II exhaust, Precision Sports 2012 reflash & HD eng. mounts, full SLP intake, heat control and venting package, 136 x 1.25 RipSaw full clipped w/144 plastic doubled XL Fast-Trac 1.375 studs, Avid-Products.com external drivers on axle, revalved M10 Fox shocks, 4 inner and 2 outer idlers added, Receiver hitch & projector beam installed. rzimmer underdrive alt. pulley. AMSOIL fluids by MAXoil.com

10 600 CFI LX INTL Red Powder Pro skis, red skidplate, 108 double XL Fast-Trac 1.375, 4 rear idlers, receiver hitch

07 600 CFI Switchback Red Powder Pro skis, projector beam, red skidplate, 116 double XL Fast-Trac 1.375, receiver hitch

previously 06 FST IQ Touring SLP Powder Pros, 136 1.25 IceRipper

+Quote Post
e-rod
post Nov 30 2008, 12:39 AM
Post #16

Member No.: 1,049
Current Vehicle:
07 FST Switchback

I have had an 07 Switchback that has had this done to it since December of 06. The fuel injection was completly remapped and boost was turned up around 20psi. Polaris enginers told me that the sled was putting out 180hp. Anyone I have told just tells me that I am crazy and there is know way my sled could make this kind of power. I have put about 2000 miles on it with no problem what so ever. Now that this has come out everyone is on board.

+Quote Post
yayou
post Nov 30 2008, 09:04 AM
Post #17

Average Member

Current Vehicle:
Snowmobile

Good for you e-rod. Would you kindly share details around your gearing and primary clutch weights and maximum rpm.... this would dissipate skepticism for sure -- net power output correlates to the information I am inviting you to share.

This post has been edited by yayou: Nov 30 2008, 09:05 AM

--------------------
Switchback 2007
Contact us

+Quote Post
dofo1
post Dec 1 2008, 09:08 AM
Post #18

Member No.: 930
Current Vehicle:
2006 FST

QUOTE(e-rod @ Nov 30 2008, 12:39 AM) *
I have had an 07 Switchback that has had this done to it since December of 06. The fuel injection was completly remapped and boost was turned up around 20psi. Polaris enginers told me that the sled was putting out 180hp. Anyone I have told just tells me that I am crazy and there is know way my sled could make this kind of power. I have put about 2000 miles on it with no problem what so ever. Now that this has come out everyone is on board.

e-rod:

I would be interested in having my FST remapped, could you help me get this done? and approximately how much would it cost?

THANKS

--------------------
2006 FST Classic with 180 degree thermostat, notched drive shaft shield, re-routed/shielded wiring harness, block heater installed on bottom of engine, adjusted gas tank float, oil pressure light, Autometer boost gauge, Camoplast Ice Attack track, Snobeelers shock recalibration, cyclone hose re-routed to exhaust, 24-44 gears, YaYou's Stage 2 re-flash, helix and alternator pulley. And a 2013 Ski Doo 1200 Renegade

+Quote Post
Snobeeler
post Dec 1 2008, 01:11 PM
Post #19

Advanced Member

Current Vehicle:
06 Classic, 14 Pro R 800

QUOTE(dofo1 @ Dec 1 2008, 10:08 AM) *
e-rod:

I would be interested in having my FST remapped, could you help me get this done? and approximately how much would it cost?

THANKS

Beware, e-rod has made 13 posts on this site. It is very questionable at this point to its accuracy. I will be waiting for his reply to Yayou's question to him.

This post has been edited by Snobeeler: Dec 1 2008, 01:12 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
gizz
post Dec 1 2008, 03:16 PM
Post #20

Current Vehicle:
2009 Turbo Switchback

QUOTE(Snobeeler @ Dec 1 2008, 02:11 PM) *
Beware, e-rod has made 13 posts on this site. It is very questionable at this point to its accuracy. I will be waiting for his reply to Yayou's question to him.

I did see/read somewhere that there was a ECU program from Polaris for race sleds only running on 93 or better octane but it was not available to the general public and would not perform very well on regular pump gas or on the trails. It was setup for asphalt. I cannot confirm or deny the report just that it sounded legit and it was out there. I'm waiting for Yayou's myself wink.gif

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
Help Search Members Calendar
BottomCorner PageBorder
BlueBar