alexko1
post Apr 7 2013, 04:20 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 26,119
Current Vehicle:
2008 Polaris Dragon FST

I recently bought a 2009 polaris 120.

In reading the instruction manual, it shows that the engine should be fogged.

I have never fogged any of my 4 stroke engines. Any one else actually fogging theirs for the summer?

--------------------
2008 Dragon FST - SLP Venting (Tower and Leg), rerouted Oil Hose, Plugs, Oil Pan Heater, SLP Heat Shielded Intake Hoses, Wrapped Reference Lines, Tunnel Bag, Custom Tail Light Holder
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sponsor

SmokinShift600cf...
post Jun 22 2013, 07:24 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 28,617
Current Vehicle:
Shift 136 & Turbo Dragon

nope, but i start them monthly give or take

+Quote Post
palerider9999
post Mar 15 2014, 01:05 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 6,241
Current Vehicle:
2008 FST Switchback

Lots of differing opinions here. I have a boat and really thought about this one. My sleds are stored in an enclosed trailer and not easy to access during the summer.

To "summerize" my 2 strokes this is what I do. From what I have read: The new synthetic oil has a tendency to drip off the internals more than conventional oil. I drain my gas tank then add 1 gallon of gas mixed with about 6 ounces of conventional 2 stroke oil and proper amount of stabol. I do fog mine as per instructions. I then pull the plugs and put a few squirts of fogging oil into each cylinder and roll over the engine by hand. Put the plugs back in and store it. That's what I do but others will have differing thoughts on this.

I also pull my batteries so that also makes it tough to start mine through the summer. If they were sitting in a garage and easy to get to I would just start them every 2 weeks or so..

--------------------
Current Sled: 2008 FST SB with 2700 miles/studded track, Simmons Gen I Flexi Skis:

PS 2012 ECU reflash, 24/44 gearing, rebalanced primary by SLP, stock clutching with dehlrin washer added in secondary, boost box stitched and JB welded, replaced all boost ref hoses and all boost system clamps, upgraded "RZIMMER" alternator pulley kit, SLP clutch side venting, "DIRTY07BIRD" belt guard, Auto Meter boost gauge, projector beam headlight , sleeve on intercooler tube, rerouted cyclone hose to exhaust heat shield and "O" ring added to reverse gear. Oil pressure sensor mod including low oil pressure alarm. All wires checked, tucked and protected. Violet wire grounded. Rear suspension front torque arm relocated to 2009 specs. Had to change rear torsion springs to the 2005-2010 Fusion HEAVY .405's. Added grease zerts to rear skid and ski pivot points. Ram mount on dash for Garmin Nuvi.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
Help Search Members Calendar

BottomCorner PageBorder
BlueBar